Spring Fever Family Day and Book Fair
When: Postponed to May 19, 10:00am to 2:00pm (Rain or Shine)
Where: Poughkeepsie Farm Project, 51 Vassar Farm Lane
Fee: Free! Donations of any amount to help cover costs are appreciated
Ages: All ages, children must be accompanied by an adult
FREE Transportation Available from the four City of Poughkeepsie elementary schools! Text/call 646-981-8416 or click here for the map and schedule
Join us to welcome spring and celebrate nature with this day of activities for children and families. There will be ongoing activities as well as workshops for children and families on pollinators, miniature donkeys, garden plants, cooking from the garden, and more. We will also have a children's book author and a book fair with new books at discounted prices. Event collaborators include The Environmental Cooperative, The Art Effect, Cornell Cooperative Extension's Eat Smart NY program, Dutchess Outreach, Family Services, M*Power Center for Cultural Fitness, Childcare Council of Dutchess and Putnam, Student Conservation Association, Inquiring Minds Bookstore, Little Brays of Sunshine, and Art Centro.
Spring Fever is a FREE event; however, we will be accepting donations to help cover the costs of the event. Please scroll down to select workshops and register for the event.
Interested in helping us spread the word? Please download our flyer.
Want to volunteer to help out at the event? Sign up here!
Ongoing activities throughout the event will include:
- Book Fair: Browse and purchase new books at discounted prices with Inquiring Minds Bookstore.
- Bubbles Bubbles Everywhere! Come join The Art Effect to learn about printmaking and make a unique print from colored bubbles.
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with Family Services. Learn the history of the holiday and create traditional paper flowers.
- Plant seeds to take home with the Childcare Council of Dutchess and Putman!
- Make native seed balls with clay, soil, and native seeds to plant around town with the Student Conservation Association.
- Visit with and pet miniature donkeys with Little Brays of Sunshine from Donkey Park.
- Help make a giant clay flower pot by decorating a coil of clay and adding to the coils other children have made with Art Centro.
- Taste fresh vegetables with differently seasoned dips with Eat Smart NY.
- Browse and purchase fresh vegetables and fruit on the Mobile Fresh Market with Dutchess Outreach.
- Stop by the smoothie station for tasty fruit and vegetable-based smoothies with Poughkeepsie Farm Project (by donation).
- Get some delicious snacks or lunch from two food vendors: Essie’s and Farmers and Chefs Food Truck.
- Take photos as Super Veggie or as one of our local beaver neighbors.
- Nature body paint: Get pollinators, flowers, or vegetables painted on your face or hands with The Environmental Cooperative.
- Plant Sale: Browse and purchase PFP-grown flower, vegetable, herb, and fruit plants for your garden or as gifts.
In addition to all of that, there will be four children’s workshop options in each of the three sessions. Please see our registration form below to view and sign up for workshops. Workshops and activities are subject to change.
There will be FREE bus transportation to Spring Fever Family Day and Book Fair from the four Poughkeepsie Elementary Schools! See below for the schedule and route.